Friday 2 August 2013

And now for the weather...

In the words of the Fast Show, it has been Scorchio! and I'm completely unable to cope with the heat. All day I resist the urge to scream 'I'm melting!' like the wicked witch of the west. Instead however, my coping strategy has turned to taking naps in the middle of the afternoon and then having a leisurely BBQ. Such is life. However it does mean I'm struggling to find something new to blog about today. I could wax lyrical about creamy potato salad and glowing citronella candles and the pale butterflies that float around, ghost-like, at dusk and the distant, plaintive honk of a train, but I really don't have the energy. So suffice to say dinner was lovely, and thank goodness the heat is set to break.

"Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde



No comments:

Post a Comment