Thursday 25 July 2013

Do you copy...cat?

I am not a fan of copy-cats. It's a phrase that gets bandied about in playgrounds by unimaginative kids who wish to taunt others and, unfortunately, bandied around in newspapers usually in reference to unimaginative murderers. But I can't claim that this, hopefully one in a long line of future posts, makes me anything other than what I dislike*. 

A friend of mine has, over the past two years, done an absolutely wonderful job of blogging. Not the vapid, pointless blogging that lists what the author had for lunch and what kind of celebrity they want to grow up to be, but the unerringly sincere, thoughtful and colourful type of writing that genuinely inspires. I want to say thank you to that person and also make myself a promise. From today and for the month of August, in this grand old year of 2013, I will post something to this limping, wounded blog everyday. I plan to use the inspiration from my dear friend and resuscitate it RoboCop stylee. It might be a story, a photograph, a link to a stupid website or some more pathetic ramblings but, fingers, toes and other body parts crossed (minds out of the gutter people), this will hopefully give me the creative boost I need and maybe inspire some other people too. 
 
So in deference to my, somewhat militant, inner voice, I say to thee and me: Get creative. GO GO GO!


* a copycat folks, not a murderer or a child. just in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment