Sunday 28 July 2013

A trio of links


Brandon Stanton is a photographer that runs a blog called Humans of New York (HONY). I've been following his work for a little while and I love the way he marries stunning, often breathtakingly beautiful, photographs with insightful and humbling captions. Check out his website 
www.humansofnewyork.com.

YouTube celebrity Michael Stevens and his team run a series of channels under the name of Vsauce. He produces videos that often ask and investigate questions we've all thought about at one time or another, but never actually had them answered. I think his brilliantly child-like, open and boundless curiosity is infectious. Here's a recent video which asks 'Why Are Things Creepy?':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEikGKDVsCc

Lastly, I read an article on The Mary Sue called Thoughts On The Death of Books, The Emptiness of Video Games, The End of The World, Etc. It kind of struck a chord, and it was wonderfully written.
I would tip my bowler hat to you, Becky Chambers, if I had one. 
http://www.themarysue.com/thoughts-on-the-death-of-books-the-emptiness-of-video-games-the-end-of-the-world-etc/

No comments:

Post a Comment